With so much instability in today’s stock market and uncertainty in the economy, many investors are choosing to protect their retirement savings with gold-backed IRAs.
Everyone’s retirement portfolio will be different, so depending on your particular circumstances and objectives it may be smart to change your eligible IRAs or 401ks to a gold-backed Roth IRA. This move allows you to benefit from the same tax advantages that are built into any government-approved retirement account, while also diversifying into a hard asset like gold.
If you have questions about gold-backed Roth IRAs, or how to add gold to an existing Roth IRA, Birch Gold Group can help teach you about it.
Seven Facts About Roth IRAs and Gold
1. While a traditional IRA allows you to make tax deductions on contributions to your account, ultimately you will be taxed on withdrawals. A Roth IRA is great because it allows investors to make tax-free withdrawals from qualifying accounts.
2. Each type of IRA has recognizable benefits, so it is a good idea to speak to a qualified tax professional about your choices.
3. If you choose to change your eligible 401k or IRA into a gold-backed Roth IRA, your new account will be considered a self-directed Precious Metals Roth IRA. With a self-directed IRA, you can often choose among more asset classes.
4. There are a few types of gold authorized to be placed in a gold-back Roth IRA, such as gold bullion and gold proof coins (like the Proof Gold American Eagle).
5. Other precious metals (like silver, platinum and palladium) and other assets (like stocks, mutual funds and real estate) can be added to your gold-backed Roth IRA.
6. For 2013 to 2014, after your transfer your funds into your gold-backed Roth IRA, you still may contribute up to $5,500 annually.
7. Gold purchased for your Roth IRA stays protected in a qualified precious-metals depository or vault.
Industry experts like Birch Gold Group make opening a gold-backed Roth IRA simple. Whether you are transferring funds from other investment accounts or you are a new investor, Birch Gold Group will guide you every step of the way.
We have precious metal IRA specialists standing by to address your specific needs and investment goals. For more information about investing in gold, or to speak with a professional, contact us right away.